Lip Dryness, Lips are the most beautiful part of our body. The beauty of lips shows our personality. When we speak with other people, beautiful lips increase our confidence. So take care of our lips is very much necessary to show our inner beauty.
Do you want to know how we keep our lips healthy?
Causes of Lip Dryness
- In our subcontinent like Asia women, our spend huge of time for cooking food at the kitchen, they become dehydrated due to long-time exposure to fire.
- Frequent sun exposure in the summer can also worsen.
- Little humidity in during the winter season is known to cause chapped dry lips.
- The stress of any kind can also lead to excessive dryness of the lips.
- Lack of production of saliva from the salivary gland.
- Some disease like diabetes mellitus is one of the most important causes of dryness associated with increased thirst.
- In nasal blockage due to mouth breathing.
- Some medications cause dryness of lips which are used for anxiety-like haloperidol.
- Deficiency of vitamin A, vitamin B2.
- Apart from there, the genetic factor also plays a role in having dry lips
Home remedies for Lip Dryness
Sugar & Honey
Mixed two teaspoon sugar with one teaspoon of honey. Apply the paste to your lips and let it sit for a few minutes & then use your finger to gently rub lips to remove dead cells.
Rash the rose petals into a thick paste, apply these over the lips every night before going to bed.
It is a natural moisturizer. Simply apply pure coconut oil several times a day on your lips to keep them moist. You can also use olive oil.
Simply apply castor oil to your lips several times a day.
Apply fresh milk cream on your lips and leave it for ten minutes & then gently wash with a cotton ball dipped in lukewarm water.
Prevention of dry lips
If none are working you may be suffering from an allergic reaction see your dermatitis to be sure.
References and Resources:
What Causes Chapped Lips?